Does redhat linux log all hardware events/issues/error in /var/log/mcelog?

unix syzadmin unixsyzadmin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 22:28:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

We run redhat linux on intel hardware (mostly Dell, lately dell R710s).
We want to be able to catch any hardware issues when they occur to act on
them as quickly as possible.

My understanding is that all hardware events/issues/errors are logged in
/var/log/mcelog (Machine Check Events log).  Is this correct?  Can't stress
this enough; does it log all hardware issues
(cpu,memory,disk,ethernet,fibre/hba etc) ?

Thanks,