Timers not working as expected

Ankit Mahawar ankit.mahawar at tcs.com
Wed May 30 08:10:29 UTC 2012

Hi All,

My kernel version is  2.6.14 with high resolution subsystem core having
linux hrtimer patch  with commit id
c0a3132963db68f1fbbd0e316b73de100fee3f08

I had set a timer which expired  every 0.5 sec using setitimer api  .

I  noticed that  timers were expiring fast enough at a continuous basis ,
expiring at around 2500 micro sec interval.

Has anyone encountered this scenario before  ?

Please help to understand the case in which it might occur .

Thanks
Ankit

and any attachments. Thank you