Server Probing

Stephen Gilbert linuxelf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:08:27 UTC 2013

Yeah, scanning for open ports on someone else's server, without permission,
isn't exactly like trying the doorknobs, but it's definitely akin to
walking around a house, noting what type of doors and windows they have.
Sure, you could just be practicing your surveillance skills, but that
doesn't make it better. I don't have any measures in place to block someone
from doing a ping sweep, but if you do get blocked for doing one, you
really shouldn't be too surprised.

- Stephen Gilbert