[redhat-lspp] Re: Initial MLS Label Printing Support

Frank Mayer mayerf at tresys.com
Tue Aug 16 19:06:02 UTC 2005

Ok I've tried to avoid the evaluation business the past many years :-), but
I did ask some of my experts here for some pointers/references. There is a
US site http://niap.nist.gov/cc-scheme/ that has both international and
US-only intrepretations, including the ones from the Orange book days (which
LSPP is based upon).

I didn't see any interps for the CC, but all the old Orange book one are
still relevant to LSPP/CAPP, such as,

http://niap.nist.gov/cc-scheme/PUBLIC/0275.html is about single level
printers

http://niap.nist.gov/cc-scheme/PUBLIC/0040.html is about auditing override
of page labels

http://niap.nist.gov/cc-scheme/PUBLIC/0253.html is about protecting the
label on top/bottom of each page

http://niap.nist.gov/cc-scheme/PUBLIC/0334.html talks about the point I was
making that you cannot override the begin/end pages for print jobs

I'm also told that looking at the validators report from OSs that were
evaluated against the LSPP *might* show some new interpretations of various
requirements. Hope this helps.

Frank