[redhat-lspp] multi-context aware cron

serue at us.ibm.com serue at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 26 20:58:18 UTC 2005

Oops, I hope you're all confused right now, bc halfway through
the email I was switching solutions in my head :)

To clarify, I *was* voting for polyinstantiation, that is:

	/var/spool/cron/s0:c0..c127/hallyn

That's why I suggested a separate mc-crontab command.  While
the crontab command would be subject to polyinstantiation
(it would see /var/spool/cron/s0:c0..c127 mounted under
/var/spool/cron), the mc-crontab command would not be, so
that it could just look under /var/spool/cron/*/hallyn for
anything I have access to.

This may not be strictly necessary as I believe Stephen's
original proposal for polyinstantiation included a way to access
the original mountpoint, so if we take advantage of that we
could just have
	crontab -l
for regular output and
	crontab -ml