[redhat-lspp] LSPP Development Telecon 12/12/2005 Minutes

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Sat Dec 17 04:32:42 UTC 2005

users level or the file level?
- back in august, number of opinions
- thought level of the user
- least upper bound described in the LSPP
- pipeline generating on the user label would be the most reasonable
- good because that's the easy one we already have
- might want MCS one way, evaluated config another way
- trusted solaris, normal users can't print postscript
- traditionally its the subjects label
- in agreement for LSPP case
- Klaus: act of printing is upgraded
    should be OK printing it out at the subject label
    doesn't exactly match the LSPP but could argue

Printing the Subject is totally Useless for the MCS case, We need to
print the label on the file.  If I have a PatientRecord and I print it
and the print out comes out as SystemHigh, that is not really useful
outside of LSPP.  Might make sense for parts of Security world, but does
not make sense for most everything else.