[redhat-lspp] Re: Rawhide LSPP test kernels, GIT tree.

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 14:15:51 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 08:52, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 08:20 -0500, Steve Grubb wrote:
> > > There are also RPM packages based on rawhide kernels, at
> > > http://david.woodhou.se/lspp/kernel/
> >
> > This kernel doesn't boot for me. It dies with "audit: Security Error in
> > security_getprocattr ......." This is a completely updated rawhide
> > machine + this test kernel.
>
> 2.6.14-1.1639.2.2_FC5 works for me running rawhide with a recent update.

Other kernels scroll these too:

Nov  8 08:32:44 localhost kernel: audit: security_getprocattr error in
audit_log_task_context
Nov  8 08:32:47 localhost last message repeated 18 times

So, I guess its not this kernel. However, we do have this RBAC requirement:

FPT_FLS.1 Failure with Preservation of Secure State. RBAC states that if the
Roles database is offline, corrupt, or unaccessable, the TSF shall preserve a
secure state.

Are we doing that? Previously, I saw these:

/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:  line 1577 has invalid
context system_u:object_r:sendmail_launch_lock_t
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:  line 1578 has invalid
context system_u:object_r:sendmail_launch_lock_t
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple same
specifications for /sbin/lvm.static.
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction

Are we really meeting the requirement? The upgrade continued in spite of
having a bad policy.

-Steve