[redhat-lspp] Re: Rawhide LSPP test kernels, GIT tree.

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 14:53:27 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 09:24, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> > /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple same
> > specifications for /sbin/lvm.static.
> > Finished Transaction Test
> > Transaction Test Succeeded
> > Running Transaction
> >
> > Are we really meeting the requirement? The upgrade continued in spite of
> > having a bad policy.
>
> I'm not sure how invalid file contexts are related to the "roles
> database."  I don't think they are.

The real issue, to me, is the "Multiple same specifications" message. There is
also a message for "Multiple different specifications". The roles database is
the SE Linux policy files. I think the above multiple messages indicate a
corrupted data base.

The function process_line in matchpathcon.c detects a lot of errors and
appears to skip those entries. I don't think that is the correct error action
for LSPP systems.

-Steve