[redhat-lspp] LSPP work items

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Oct 5 15:58:02 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 11:41, James Morris wrote:
> > I was intending to start putting the message types in the audit header
> > files so that we can use them later.
>
> We're some way off integrating crypto into SELinux policy, so I'd
> recommend not putting in unused infrastructure.

We've allocated a block of message numbers that can be used. That's the extent
of it.

> > > What exactly does corrupt mean here: invalid file format or valid file
> > > format with incorrect data?
> >
> > I guess both.
>
> We'd need an IDS to detect modifications to the role database.

What about tripwire? There is the requirement of the self test. I think it is
supposed to catch things like this. Then I was also wondering if the policy
file has a CRC or someway of detecting simple corruption?

-Steve