[redhat-lspp] Fedora on P Series should be working

George C. Wilson ltcgcw at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 25 14:18:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 02:53:17PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> The problems in rawhide have only really been with the installer.
> Installing Fedora Core 4 (from
> ftp://zeniv.uk.linux.org/pub/people/dwmw2/fc4-pegasos if not from the
> original release, which had some problems at least with HVC console) and
> the using yum to update to rawhide should have been working regardless.
>
> --
> dwmw2

We had some success doing that with Dustin's help.  We hit the console
issue, plus our internal FC4 repo turned out to be incomplete.  I think
Debora's LPAR is running FC4 yum updated to rawhide.

Paul was very helpful on IRC last week, and was able to recreate and fix
at least one installer issue I know of.  I got rawhide installed on my
LPAR over the weekend except for yaboot, which I manually installed.

--
George Wilson <ltcgcw at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center