[redhat-lspp] LSPP/RBACPP requirements v.002

serue at us.ibm.com serue at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 28 18:46:43 UTC 2005

Quoting Stephen Smalley (sds at tycho.nsa.gov):
> - Also on "Self tests", I have to wonder if the LTP is itself a
> hindrance to getting people to contribute to the SELinux tests.  My own
> experience has been that it is much more painful to build and run the
> selinux tests through that test harness than through our original simple
> perl Test-based one, as well as more painful to track down the source of
> any failures when using it.

Agreed.  I wonder whether it would be feasible to keep just the contents
of the ltp/testcases/kernel/security/selinux-testsuite directory as a
separate tarball (on sf.net or tresys.com?) with a simple runme.pl
script to compile and run itself.  Then whenever testcases are added,
integrate them into the ltp subsystem (which by a quick look at
the makefiles should be trivial) and occasionally copy back into the full
ltp tree.

-serge