[redhat-lspp] lspp 18 kernel released

George C. Wilson ltcgcw at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 20 18:42:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 01:46:40PM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Steve Grubb wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >The lspp.18 kernel has been published to the lspp yum repo at:
> >http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/files/lspp
> >
> >The changes are:
> >
> >- kernel is 2.6.17-rc2
> >- added execve patch to gather all arguments to execve syscalls.
> >
> >Please let me know if there are any problems with this kernel.
> >
> >-Steve
> >
> >--
> >
> Crashes on boot.
>
> Dan

It seems to be working OK on ppc64.  I think I'm hitting the netlink problem,
though.  I added never rules for each syscall (no watches), did auditctl -l
(which worked), and auditctl -D.  auditctl -D hangs.  The kernel still seems
to be alive--I can Ctrl-o (like Alt-SysRq) u and b to remount r/o and reboot.
But auditctl -l hangs, as do trusted programs, such as login.  So I can't log
back in if I log out of all existing sessions.

Al had asked me to try -mm.  Same thing seems to be happening on 2.6.17-rc1-mm3.

--
George Wilson <ltcgcw at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center