[redhat-lspp] mls level to without classification

Eduardo Madeira Fleury efleury at br.ibm.com
Thu Aug 24 01:38:01 UTC 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 18:40, you wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 02:42:59PM -0300, Rodrigo Vivi wrote:
> > Is it possible to change the mls level of a file to "without
>
> classification" ?
>
> You can give it the "trusted object" attribute which will allow access
> without MLS restrictions (access will still be controlled by
> DAC/RBAC/TE).

I see, this would be a way to "override" the MLS classification, right?

But, what about actually "unlabeling" a file? Like if I could make it go into
a state similar to what we get when we mount a partition from a targeted
SELinux system, for instance? Do you think that's not possible?

Regards

--
Eduardo M. Fleury
IBM Linux Technology Center Brazil