[redhat-lspp] status of zip/unzip

Debora Velarde dvelarde at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 9 14:58:58 UTC 2006

I will be travelling this afternoon and will not be able to be on the
call.
Here is the status of zip/unzip:

Ivana Varekova (Red Hat maintainer) looked over my patch and agrees with
trying to get it upstream.
Ivana forwarded my patch to the upstream zip maintainer, Cosmin.

Cosmin has looked over my patch and asked some questions that I've replied
to him about.
He stated that right now they are really only accepting patches for bug
fixes until they get the next version out.
The following version has a lot of changes and new features can be
accepted for that one.
Cosmin pointed me to the location of the beta versions for zip/unzip which
I should patch against.
I am currently working on creating new versions of my patches against
those beta versions.
Cosmin also had some design questions about my patch and a few other
comments.
I am incorporating some of the changes as I patch against the different
versions.

Note, Cosmin is the maintainer for zip only.  I still haven't gotten any
feedback from the upstream maintainer for unzip.

-debbie