[redhat-lspp] Updated Rawhide+LSPP kernel available.

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 14:28:09 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 14:33, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I'm currently uploading a 2.6.15-1.1826.2.8.2.1_FC5.lspp.5 kernel
> package, based on the kernel branch for Fedora Core 5 Test 2, to
> http://david.woodhou.se/lspp/kernel/

Thanks. This is a big help.

> This contains only the patches which are currently in my git tree at
> http://git.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/audit-2.6.git -- I'd
> like to send the contents of that tree to Linus now that 2.6.15 is
> released. OK?

One patch is in the git patch that is not advertised as being in the Change
Log. That would be the patch that I sent that creates 3 new SE Linux audit
events for SE Linux regarding changes in enforcement, booleans, and policy
loads. This is important and needs to be upstream sooner than later. I've
been running with all these patches applied and haven't seen problems, so I'd
say we can push them upstream.

I have submitted 3 patches that did not make it into .5 kernel. These are the
promiscuous mode patch, add tty to syscall records patch, and the patch sent
in yesterday to add the list number to add/remove audit rule records. These
need to start getting some test time in the lspp test kernel before sending
them up to the mm tree.

Thanks,
-Steve