[redhat-lspp] pam src rpm with namespace

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 25 19:18:49 UTC 2006

Quoting Steve Grubb (sgrubb at redhat.com):
> Hi,
>
> The src rpm with pam_namespace is located here:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/files/
>
> To build it, use:
>
> rpmbuild --rebuild pam-0.99.2.1-3.lspp.1.src.rpm
>
> It is currently patched for i386-686, x86_64, and the ppc platforms. To use it
> requires running the lspp test kernel...which I'll try to get a new version
> out soon.

Thinking beyond lspp, what about doing mounts other than bind mounts?
In particular, on my machine I mount private tmpfs under /tmp, and
mount dmcrypted partitions under /home.  Now the tmpfs might actually
be better done using bind mounts anyway, so that separate logins for
the same user will share the same /tmp...

Also, it would be nice if the list_of_uids could specify a single user
or list of users to which to apply the rules.  Wouldn't it seem more
intuitive if the list_of_uids was something like
	500,124 meaning those two uids or
	~{root,admin} meaning everyone but those to uids
?

thanks,
-serge