[redhat-lspp] Security Context label attribute question

Andy Suchoski andrew.suchoski at hp.com
Wed Jun 7 19:48:14 UTC 2006

Hello all,

My background is with legacy MLS systems and I can understand when the
label attribute of a process contains a low label and a high label
(s0-s15:c0.c255), the low label corresponds to the level at which a
process operates and the high label corresponds to the clearance of the
process. I believe that is right. But what does the low label and high
label mean in the security context of an object such as a file or a
directory?

Thanks,
Andy Suchoski