[redhat-lspp] Re: [RFC] [SELXFRM 0/4] SELinux/MLS enhancements to IPSec

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Mon Jun 12 18:53:29 UTC 2006

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Venkat Yekkirala wrote:

> This patch set adds/enhances support for SELinux/MLS in handling IPSec
> xfrm's. It builds on the work by Trent Jaeger, et al, on the labeling of
> IPSec SAs. A policy patch is also included for reference. Patch is relative
> to the lspp.34 kernel (http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/files/lspp).
> ipsec-tools 0.6.5 src in FC rawhide already has the setkey changes needed to
> work with this. A patch to ipsec-tools/racoon will follow later on the
> ipsec-tools-devel list.

These patches appear to have been wrapped by your mailer and are not
suitable for review.  They need to be against an upstream kernel if you
want them applied there.

Also, we need a clear and concise description of exactly what these
patches do and their justificiation for inclusion in the upstream kernel.
This needs to be in language that the core network and kernel maintainers
can understand, and is the first paragraph they read as a summary (with
details following below, which they might need/want to skip).  The subject
line of the email also needs to be more specific, this is very vague.

Currently, I'm not sure what these patches are even about.

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris at namei.org>