[redhat-lspp] apol &r ref policy

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Wed Mar 29 17:16:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 11:03 -0600, Michael C Thompson wrote:
> I've compiled the policy.conf file (which is what I was not doing
> previously), and I've tried to open it using apol from the setools-2.3
> package available from the TreySys site, but I get an error. The error
> message -- "Apol_File_Contexts::index_status": parent namespace
> doesn't exist

apol supports either policy.conf or binary policy, but older versions of
it naturally won't support the latest changes in policy language or
binary format - that is why you needed to update.  You could still use
policy.conf (and in fact, that retains more information that can be
helpful in analysis, like attribute names).

Not sure what you are encountering with your particular build of
setools, but any reason you can't just grab the prebuilt setools-2.3
packages from FC5?

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency