[redhat-lspp] lspp 30 kernel released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue May 30 20:22:10 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 15:58, Paul Moore wrote:
> > Are there other possible options like a boot param?
>
> Not presently but anything is possibile.

OK, this was a suggestion...there are probably a couple ways to solve the
problem. We need to try to keep the upgrade path smooth for people. On FC,
you cannot control which kernel and policy people choose to run with. On very
rare occassions we've done that but got a lot of upset people as a result.
So, I'd hesitate to go down this path where we know people's apps will break
when they upgrade the kernel.

This problem needs to be fixed soon because no one can test the LSPP kernel
unless they are in permissive mode. I can probably build a lspp.32 kernel
with netlabel patch removed again if you think it will be a while. Just let
me know...

-Steve