[redhat-lspp] Expected Behaviour of open_init_pty

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Wed May 31 18:23:45 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 15:06 -0300, Glauber de Oliveira Costa wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> In terms type/level , who should be able to successfully run the open_init_pty
> command ? From system usage, it seems that secadm_r e sysadm_r are forbidden
> open_init_pty execution, but I need something stronger than a guess.
>
> It would be nice if someone can give me some guidance on this.

I think run_init / open_init_pty serve no purpose in Fedora or RHEL, as
the Red Hat policies permit direct transitions to initrc_t without using
run_init.  In some other distributions that integrate SELinux, use of
run_init is necessary.  I would expect sysadm to be able to use run_init
(and thus open_init_pty).

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency