Fwd: Re: [redhat-lspp] CUPS w/ Matt's config in RHEL5 not printing?

Eduardo Madeira Fleury efleury at br.ibm.com
Mon Nov 6 19:38:25 UTC 2006

Forgot to reply-all.

Subject: Re: [redhat-lspp] CUPS w/ Matt's config in RHEL5 not printing?
Date: Monday 06 November 2006 17:37
From: Eduardo Madeira Fleury <efleury at br.ibm.com>
To: Matt Anderson <mra at hp.com>

On Monday 06 November 2006 17:09, you wrote:
> You should still be getting the SELinux deny on the printer since the
> needed constraint wasn't in the policy.  I got an update on my bugzilla
> and the constraint will be included starting with the selinux policy
> 2.4.3-1 rpm.

Thanks, so that's a matter of waiting for another refresh.

> As for the usb://Lexmark/T630 URI printers without /dev/ in their URI
> are not checked for file system permissions before the job is sent.
> Your admin guide should specify that printers MUST be created with the
> /dev/usb/lp* style URI.

Yes, I remember that discussion, actually I used the Manufacturer/Model URI
only to try to isolate the problem.

> From the error you are seeing it sounds like the pstops filter is having
> trouble with your postscript document.  If you revert the config files
> to their defaults do you still see that problem?

No, if I revert the config files the printer works fine. Actually, reversing
only mime.convs and mime.types is enough for it to work, and banner pages are
printed fine also.

> -matt

Thanks,
--