[redhat-lspp] Re: gpm & mls

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Oct 2 22:44:21 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 00:47, Steve G <linux_4ever at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >For the certification, I would suggest that gpm is disabled or removed to
> > avoid the problem.
>
> True, but its a royal PITA to admin a machine without it.

It shouldn't be difficult to have a configuration option for GPM to not allow
cut/paste to different VCs.  That plus an option to flush the buffer on
logout will prevent the use of gpm for relabelling while allowing most of the
functionality you desire and not requiring as much work.  I'm sure that some
non-SE Linux users would appreciate such a patch too.

russell at coker.com.au
http://etbe.blogspot.com/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development