[redhat-lspp] kickstart changes to select capp or lspp configuration

Linda Knippers linda.knippers at hp.com
Fri Feb 2 00:13:22 UTC 2007

Hi Klaus,

The changes I made included adding a question into the post part of the
kickstart script and renaming/restructuring so some of the files aren't
specific to LSPP.  I also made the files vendor neutral.  This involved
patching some files and moving some things around so its hard to generate
just one patch file.  Attached are the patch files for the individual files
that I modified and below you'll see notes on the things I renamed.

I've applied these patches to your latest 0.18 ks sources and they seem
to work with the rc1 kit.  Let me know if you have any questions or don't agree
with some of the changes.  If IBM doesn't want to go vendor-neutral as far
as my change go then maybe we can make it easier to include the vendor name
without alot of changes.

The ftp location is still vendor-specific, but it probably will need to
be.

BTW, this is not in the attached patches but I took the --tries=1 argument
out of the wget line in the common-post.cfg file.  It seems a recent addition
but here it causes wget to not be able to get the certification rpm.  I had to
escape from the script and manually wget it.  Why was it added?

-- ljk

Changed the name of the spec file to remove company and protection profile
specifics.  Likewise, renamed files and directories.  For example:

mv lspp-eal4-config-ibm-0.18/bin/lspp-eal4-config.in
eal4-config-0.16/bin/eal4-config.in
Updated the script to take the profile as an argument.

mv lspp-eal4-config-ibm-0.18/doc/RHEL-LSPP-EAL4-IBM-Configuration-Guide.man
eal4-config-0.16/doc/RHEL-EAL4-Configuration-Guide.man
(this will probably need to go back to being vendor-specific but shouldn't
be protection profile specific)

mv lspp-eal4-config-ibm-0.18/lspp eal4-config-0.16/eal4
And within that directory:
mv lspp-perms.conf eal4-perms.conf
mv lspp-root-only.conf eal4-root-only.conf

Updated kickstart/src/common-head.cfg with different tmp filenames.  Perhaps
not necessary.  (Would like to make default timezone configurable.)

Updated kickstart/src/common-pre.cfg to adjust prompts and file names.

Updated kickstart/src/common-post.cfg to adjust prompts and ask for the
protection profile.

Updated Makefile to refer to new files/directories.