[redhat-lspp] Re: kickstart changes to select capp or lspp configuration

Klaus Weidner klaus at atsec.com
Wed Feb 7 21:41:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 04:16:24PM -0500, Linda Knippers wrote:
> Klaus Weidner wrote:
> > I'll use "--tries=2" this time, is that better? Or is it calling busybox
> > "wget" for some reason which doesn't have that option?   (It shouldn't,
> > it's chrooted to the installed system.) What's the error output?
>
> I don't recall seeing an error but I don't the output anymore.  I'm pretty
> sure it was calling the right wget.  Without the retries option I get a
> message that tells me that it was try number 2 that worked.
>
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
> Length: 36763 (36K) [application/x-rpm]
> --14:49:01--  (try: 2)
>
> I don't know what's happening on the first try.  With your 0.18 script I
> could never wget the certification rpm without escaping to the shell and
> manually running wget.
>
> How long does 20 retries take?

If it's DNS failure or timeouts due to misrouted packets, probably close
to 20 minutes :-(  Ok, how about 3 tries to leave a spare for cases such
as yours?

I'd like to know why Ctrl-C kills the entire session and not just wget
and if that's fixable, but I don't have a good idea how to debug that.

-Klaus