[redhat-lspp] LSPP kickstart config v0.65 released

Klaus Weidner klaus at atsec.com
Fri May 25 15:46:28 UTC 2007

Hello all,

Changes since 0.64:

postinst: check capp-lspp-config return code and add loop to catch config errors

    The capp-lspp-config script could fail, for example when detecting
    mounted FAT filesystems, but the error code was not checked for in
    the postinst script.  It presented a reboot prompt, and it's easy for
    admins to miss the error message in the background behind that
    prompt.

    Now run capp-lspp-config in a loop, telling the admin on failure that
    the system is not in the evaluated configuration and asks to try
    again. This also offers a shell escape to check the log and make
    needed fixes before retrying.

Please get the packages the script requests in the postinstall phase from
the http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/files/lspp/ repository.

Git repository:

   http://klaus.vh.swiftco.net/lspp/git/

I'm not currently building RPMs, if you are unable to use the "make-rpm"
script to build your own from the git repository and really need them
please let me know. I've deleted the old RPMs to avoid confusion.

-Klaus