RedHat 9 / Seagate Tape

Thomas Muehleisen thomas at om2tech.com
Thu Feb 26 10:42:41 UTC 2004

I am currently working with RedHat 9 after upgrading from RedHat 7 and
we are considering the enterprise version.

However, after installing RedHat 9 our Seagate 20GB IDE tape drive no
longer functions.

The tape begins to operate and within 10 seconds hangs the machine. The
tape drive functions correctly prior to RedHat 9

I have tried it in both the master and slave positions with the same
result.

Did something change with RedHat 9? Do I need to replace the tape with a
different brand?

Thanks

Thomas Muehleisen

OM2 Technology Inc.

"To achieve something you have never done before,  you must become
someone you have never been before"