Migration Path from Redhat Enterprise 5 Beta 2 to Redhat Enterprise 5 Stable

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan at randomink.org
Fri Dec 22 10:53:42 UTC 2006

On 12/20/06, Ubaidul Khan <ukhanlists at hotmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  What is the expected release date for Redhat Enterprise 5?

Early 2007 (assume sometime around March April 2007)

> 2.  If I roll out my implementation on Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 Beta 2,
> will there be a migration path available to switch to the stable version?

Might not be a good idea to try production operations on the Beta2
since it is not really meant for that. Although there might not be too
much trouble involved, the best known method is really a re-install
with the configuration and setting files backed up.

> 3.  I am interested in DVD media, is this available?

This should be available

:Sankarshan