setting up multiple jet-direct print queues

Dwight Hubbard dwight.hubbard at efausol.com
Fri Aug 28 23:08:49 UTC 2009

Have you looked at the lpadmin command?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark S" <mjdbhouse at hotmail.com>
To: redhat-migration-list at redhat.com
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 2:54:00 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: setting up multiple jet-direct print queues

Greetings,

I am moving from Aix to Red Hat and have a bunch of print queues to setup.
I know if I am going from one aix server to another I can copy certain files over, re-digest them and they are then setup on the new server.
I don't imagine there is any similar or easy way to do the same?
I am basically now just looking for some help on creating about 100 print queues via some command line method rather than bia the GUI.
My research so far has found the system-config-printer-tui utility which will eventually allow me to export and import from ServerA to ServerB but I first need to get them setup on ServerA.
So I'm looking at trying to use the system-config-printer-tui cmd which needs the --device=, --make= and --model= options.
However these printers all use HP-Jetdirect interfaces so would my --device= be some sort of ipp: option or something?

Any help appreciated.

Attention all humans. We are your photos. Free us.