This list?

Matthew Galgoci mgalgoci at redhat.com
Fri Jun 11 15:55:56 UTC 2004

> Hello world ;-)
> There doesnt seem to be much traffic on this list does it?
> Makes me woder if there are any subscribers? Since only listadmins can see how many subscribers there are I just wish to make a shout out and ask people to respond to this.

It's a small list. I started it because well, I am a professional sysadmin, and there have
been a number of requests for such a list. My plan was to not announce it and let people find
out about it by word of mouth.

> Or maybe the list is so new it hasnt attracted any subscribers yet?

I guess I can enable members to see the subscriber list :P

> I have a question regarding RHEL 3:
> Is there any simple way to make the ext3 fs run with "directory indexes"?

htree is not currently included in rhel3. htree was actually present and enabled in the early
beta releases of rhel3, but it proved "not ready for prime time" and was removed. As far as I
am aware, there are currently no plans to include htree in any of the quarterly updates, but
I think this is probably because there hasn't been enough customer demand to warrant the resources
to merge such an invasive change.

--
Matthew Galgoci
System Administrator and Sr. Manager of Ruminants