RHEL4 freeze

Honti Balázs balazs at fmnet.hu
Wed Dec 14 02:37:20 UTC 2005

Hello! I have a serious problem. Our RHEL 4 system hangs unexpectedly, and
before, every time, while copying "big" files over scp to it, that were more
than 100MB, or some time when more. I thought the problem is over, when it
managed to transfer 7GB, and run for about a week without any problems, but
came back, just suddenly, without the copy, or doing anything special then.
I watched the logs and the console, but there were no signs of error
messages, even the System Request keys don't work, just reboot, what I can
do then. The packages are upgraded to the latest version, the machine runs
the SMP kernel, PIII, 2 processors. Anyone seen something like this? Or any
idea or advice?

It would be very good, to have this server stabilized, soon.

Thanks, in advance, for any help,
Balázs