Re: RHEL4 freeze

Hi,

If this is a Dell PowerEdge box, there is a known issue with the RAID controller that causes the system to completely freeze up under high IO. See Dell's Linux-PowerEdge list archives at http:// lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge . I've stopped getting the list, but I know that it was discussed back in Feb of this year. As I recall, the fix was to upgrade the firmware on the RAID Controller as well as the BIOS of the server, but please check for more specifics in the archives.

Susan

--
Susan Baur
System Administrator