RHEL4 freeze

Susan Baur susan at cdl.edu
Wed Dec 14 16:29:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

If this is a Dell PowerEdge box, there is a known issue with the RAID
controller that causes the system to completely freeze up under high
IO. See Dell's Linux-PowerEdge list archives at http://
lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge . I've stopped getting
the list, but I know that it was discussed back in Feb of this year.
As I recall, the fix was to upgrade the firmware on the RAID
Controller as well as the BIOS of the server, but please check for
more specifics in the archives.

Susan

--
Susan Baur