Re: RHEL4 freeze

Hello! We tried, and it doesn't freeze even with 1 cpuburn on, with all its devices inside when I boot Debian, with a non-SMP kernel, from IDE harddisk. So I begin to think it's maybe an RHEL hardware incompatibility issue. And no real system failure. Could I be right? Or need some new kernel or module? Maybe anyone having a similar machine?
Balázs
--
If this is a Dell PowerEdge box, there is a known issue with the RAID controller that causes the system to completely freeze up under high IO. See Dell's Linux-PowerEdge list archives at http:// lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge . I've stopped getting the list, but I know that it was discussed back in Feb of this year. As I recall, the fix was to upgrade the firmware on the RAID Controller as well as the BIOS of the server, but please check for more specifics in the archives.