introductions

Von Essen, John Jvonessen at glog.com
Wed Jan 19 01:40:14 UTC 2005

Its interesting to see what other people do...

I am a sysadmin for a software company called Global Logistics (G-Log for short). We make enterprise supply chain logistics software. The software is a hosted application (apache-tomcat-weblogic-oracle). We primarily use RHAS 2.1 and 3.0.  Have about 40 or so servers in two separate datacenters. Spend most of my time keeping everything updated and secured, monitoring logs, looking at IDS alerts. Do alot of load balancing and network stuff too.

I have been doing sysadmin work "professionally" for about 5 years, but have been "tooling" around in this stuff for around 10. I also do alot of work on Solaris and FreeBSD.

-john