introductions

Joonas Hämäläinen joonas.hamalainen at nettitieto.fi
Wed Jan 19 07:03:28 UTC 2005

Greetings everyone,
Sure has this list sounded silent, I was little surprised about it. I'm
only recently joined in, as I have started my sysadmin 'career' so late
as this year!

I'm jeaulous to see how long experience you all seem to have from this
kind of work, but experience comes with age, and I do not posses too
many years yet.
But to the introduction point... I'm Joonas Hämäläinen from Finland,
located at quite central part of it currently. Done high school and same
time some university studies, but then military service took me. There I
managed to get myself in sysadmin/system tester position at Finnish
Military Education Center, where I look over centralized education
portal. After I got out of military at last August, I moved here. Got
job with some luck as sysadmin in NettiTieto (NTG Finland
internationally I think.) Currently I'm on trial basis here, but I hope
I will stay here longer. Looking over computers here, doing updates,
maintaince and installs. Also I have found myself doing coding for
portal engines here.

So sysadmin work experience is currently something like 7 months, and I
like it this far. I have done this kind of things longer though, could
say 6-7 years along side school.

Hobbies... Tweaking own and friends computers, experiencing new software
and ways to enjoy computers at free life. These days I have girlfriend,
so computers are put a bit aside and I spend time with her. I also
happen to be scout, so been camping and hiking in past.

Oh, and someone asked does anyone have experience with IRIX. :) I have
two SGI computers, one SGI Indigo and one SGI Indigo 2. I like them,
especially 19" (Or was it even bigger... at least it is heavy, like
whole computer!) screen Indigo2 happens to have :P Shame is that I
haven't got them with me now, I do not wish to load all computers to my
girlfriends parents house where I'm these days.

Regards,
Joonas Hämäläinen