Building new Adaptec driver for Fedora Core 1

Debbie Tropiano debbiet at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 27 20:11:22 UTC 2005

Hello -

We have a Fedora Core 1 system with an Adaptec 39160 SCSI host adapter
but are having lots of SCSI tape problems.  We'd like to update to the
new 6.3.9 Adaptec driver but can only find one that's ported for RedHat.
We tried to build it with FC1 but got lots of build errors (it appears
to want different include files than FC1 has and we couldn't get the
correct ones to included).

Has anyone yet ported this driver for Fedora Core 1?  Or have any better
or other fixes for the SCSI tape errors that we're having?

We're also considering just re-installing that system with RedHat 9 so
that we can use that driver.  Does anyone have any experience with RH9
and that driver?  How about with another RH release?

Thanks for any information,
Debbie
--
| Debbie Tropiano                            |  debbiet at arlut.utexas.edu   |
| Environmental Sciences Laboratory          |     +1 512 835 3367 w       |