Export Issues in Oracle 10g on Linux ES 3.0

Hi all,

            I’ve installed Oracle 10g on Linux ES 3.0 , the installation was perfectly fine but after installation I just tried to take a full export of the freshly installed database ( I haven’t put my DB on the sever) using the exp    utility it terminates something like

Product version : 10.1.0.2

Os:linux x86 (3.0 ES)

Copyright (c) 1982, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Username: system

Password:

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

Enter array fetch buffer size: 4096 >

Export file: expdat.dmp >abcd.dmp

(1)E(ntire database), (2)U(sers), or (3)T(ables): (2)U > 1

Export grants (yes/no): yes >

Export table data (yes/no): yes >

Compress extents (yes/no): yes >

Export done in US7ASCII character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set

server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)

About to export the entire database ....

. exporting tablespace definitions

. exporting profiles

. exporting user definitions

. exporting roles

. exporting resource costs

. exporting rollback segment definitions

. exporting database links

. exporting sequence numbers

. exporting directory aliases

. exporting context namespaces

. exporting foreign function library names

. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 3113 encountered

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

I tried taking backup of user scott it was successful but with some warnings.

Couldn’t find much help on the internet, can anyone please suggest me something on this as soon as possible.

Thanking u in anticipation.

Regards

Gurjiv Singh Khehra

System Administrator

DCM Engineering Products

Asron(Ropar)Pb.

The information contained in this message is proprietary of DCM Engineering Products,

The information is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s)of the message.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and deleting it from your computer.Thank you.