init:relocation error

Miroslava Cuperlovic-Culf miroslavac at health.nb.ca
Tue Nov 8 14:09:46 UTC 2005

Dear All,
I've been using RedHat 7.2 for few year without any major problems. But yesterday put in the libc.so.6 and after this I couldn't run dir. Naively I rebooted the computer and now I get massage:

init:relocation error: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_starting_up, version GLI
BC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

What should I do?

BTW I also purchased RedHat Enterprise WS. Can I install this somehow and fix the problem, without deleting hard drive.

THANKS A LOT - any help would be appreciate as I am getting desperate,
Mira,
Moncton
Canada