RedHat 9 install on Maxtor SATA drive

Saurabh Bathe sbathe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 06:24:22 UTC 2005

Debbie Tropiano wrote:
> Folks -
>
> Is it possible to install RedHat 9 on system with a Maxtor SATA drive?
> I'm not finding any drivers for it (yet).
>
> Any help is appreciated,
> Debbie

The drive (ie. disk) does not matter. What matters is the SATA
controller. I still doubt whether RH9 would recognise any SATA
controller unless you install a rather recent kernel (atleast 2.4.23 IIRC).

In any case why do you want to install RH9 now? Its obsolete.
Get Fedora Core 3/4. If you need more stability and can spend some
money, get RHEL4 or otherwise some clone like CentOS.

--Saurabh