installing the right Chinese fonts rpm in RedHat Enterprise Workstation 4 update 1, 32-bit

mattie_linux mattie mattie_linux at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 01:17:50 UTC 2006

Hello there,

Though Firefox seems to correctly detect the right
encoding, I am getting a strange characters in place
of (Chinese) text on the Chinese sites I visit.

I think I am just missing the Chinese fonts rpm.  Is
"taipeifonts-1.2-26.noarch.rpm" my only option? When I
"ls" all the RPM's in the distro, and grep for "-i
chinese," the only things that come up are:

- kde-i18n-Chinese-3.3.1-2.1.noarch.rpm
- kde-i18n-Chinese-Big5-3.3.1-2.1.noarch.rpm

I did install "taipeifonts-1.2-26.noarch.rpm" (from
the Redhat media), but I'm still not getting Chinese
pages to look right. Did I choose the wrong font
package, or maybe I have the wrong approach
altogether?

thanks,
Mats

Which would be seemingly KDE related.