VLAN Configuration: looking for more information

sysadmin sysadmin at bssnews.org
Sat Mar 4 10:28:45 UTC 2006

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=vlan+configuration+linux

regards

Sultan
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Philip "Tomi" Olamigoke
  To: redhat-sysadmin-list at redhat.com
  Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 2:44 AM
  Subject: VLAN Configuration: looking for more information

  Hello,
   I am trying to use vlan trunking on a ES 4 server. I would like the server to have a 1 vlan-interface on each of my 8 vlans.

  After following the instructions I found here
  http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/dml_print.pl

  I still find that interfaces are not communicating on the right vlans.

  My question is where can I find out more information about how linux handles vlans to figure out what's wrong with my config.

  Thank you.

  Tomi