Sendmail

James Bourne jbourne at hardrock.org
Wed Nov 15 12:27:25 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Richard Mayhew - Nashua Mobile Broadband Division wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would anyone know how I could solve the following issue:
>

> I will be migrating to a new Exim mail system from the present Sendmail
> mail system, but I am unable to move the entire user base over in one
> gung-ho migration. I would like to force sendmail to forward listed
> (migrated) addresses off to the new Exim mail system, much like the
> mailertable would do for a domain. If the old system was running Exim,
> it would be a breeze, but as I'm no Sendmail expert, I need a little
> help.
>
> --> MX Points to OLD Server
> --> Server Accepts mail for domain X.
> --> User Account is set to be redirected... Forward to Remote System
> 	OR
> --> User Account is not set to be redirected... Delivery Locally.

Have you tried using LUSER_RELAY?  If you define LUSER_RELAY (proto:host) it
will forward all non-local users to that host (not a user or an alias).
Either the bat book or the README that comes with sendmail-cf package will
have some notes on usage.

Regards
James

James Bourne                  | Email:            jbourne at hardrock.org
UNIX Systems Administration   | WWW:           http://www.hardrock.org
Custom UNIX Programming       | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation