Van: redhat-sysadmin-list-bounces redhat com namens Dominique Demore
Verzonden: di 3-10-2006 19:51
Aan: redhat-sysadmin-list redhat com
Onderwerp: Increasing number of allocated file handles

Hi Everyone,

On our Oracle Application server, we have noticed that we are running out of file handles. Once the number of used file
handles reaches 0, the application crashes/reset itself.
I have increased the number of file handles from 65536 to 104854, but I am still seeing the problem. Should the number
of allocated file handles be increase also, if so, where is the file to modify it.

(*note: the second column will hit 0 everyday at ~9:00 when everyone is logging into the system.)
------
[root server fs]# cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr
39937   7405    104854
[root server fs]#
-------

Any thoughts/suggestions,