Fastest System Possible

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Mon Feb 5 19:54:17 UTC 2007

You aren't supplying much info on the applications, so I can't tell where
the needs are.

If the app is CPU intensive, I would consider dual Xeon processors.  If the
app is I/O intensive, a gigabit network card would help.  From what info you
have supplied, it doesn't sound like anything a plain vanilla machine of
today(server level) can't handle.

If you can, nix the telnet in favor of an encrypted terminal emulator.  But,
you already knew that.

  _____