Sendmail to AOL accounts

Bill Watson bill at magicdigits.com
Tue Feb 6 23:16:57 UTC 2007

Hiya Group,

I have recently been seeing a huge buildup of outbound mail stuck in my
/var/spool/mqueue and it appears that almost all of the emails have an AOL
destination address. I may not be the only one on this planet with this same
trouble as I have read of others as I google'ed.

I have AS4.0 with sendmail-8.13.1

I have read that sendmail-8.13.5 solves this, and that sendmail-8.13.8 is
available.

I tried rpm'ing the later versions of sendmail and get dependencies.
Installing those get more dependencies. Installing those gets file
incompatability messages. Yuck.

Does anybody have an elegant solution? My first few attempts sucked.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Watson
bill at magicdigits.com