RHEL v4 can't find HDD issue

Boris Raikhlin gipt.system at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:56:07 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a new PC of the following configuration:

       - Motherboard: Intel DG965WH;

       - CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6600;

       - Chipset: G965;

       - SATA controller: ICH8;

       - HDD: 2x250GB disks.

1) I'm trying to install RHEL Server v4 kit (trial license).

2) I downloaded and burned the x86_64 version.

3) I know about the only working AHCI mode for ICH8.

4) I tried all the three drives options: IDE, AHCI and RAID (with RAID
configuration).

I get "No driver found" message at the beginning of the installation.

5) I installed the last BIOS update: MQ1618. Nothing has changed.
6) I tried RHEL v5 Beta 2 also. Same result.

7) Open Suse v.10.2 does see the disks in AHCI mode, and
   Windows XP does see the disks in IDE mode.

Please, help.

Thanks

Boris Raikhlin

System Manager