SSH -X doesn't work with an export DISPLAY

Michel Dubois mdubois at polytech.unice.fr
Thu Jul 5 13:07:38 UTC 2007

user at veloce's password:
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentication succeeded (password)
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: send channel open 0
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug2: callback start
debug1: ssh_session2_setup: id 0
debug1: channel request 0: pty-req
debug2: x11_get_proto: /usr/openwin/bin/xauth list unix:14.0 2>/dev/null
debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
debug1: channel request 0: x11-req
debug1: channel request 0: shell
debug1: fd 4 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: callback done
debug1: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768
debug2: channel 0: rcvd adjust 131072
Last login: Thu Jul  5 14:15:27 2007 from aragon-bge1
[root at veloce ~]# xcalc
Error: Can't open display: localhost:12.0

Nothing wrong for me , exept the last message

--
Cordialement.