SSH -X doesn't work with an export DISPLAY

Jonathan S. Billings jsbillin at Princeton.EDU
Thu Jul 5 13:25:24 UTC 2007

Jonathan Billings wrote:
> If you're not getting any output from the ssh client (lines starting
> with debug1 or debug2) then the X client isn't trying to talk through
> the forwarded X11 tunnel.  How is your $DISPLAY being set?  Did you
> define it in some login script?  It should automatically be defined by
> the ssh client and server during login.

Sorry, to put this in context, I had earlier suggested he run the ssh
client with -vv to add more debugging.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at princeton.edu>
Computational Science and Engineering Support (CSES)