shell script

hjnmolly at hetnet.nl hjnmolly at hetnet.nl
Wed Jul 18 05:44:12 UTC 2007

You may need this
cat "object" | (e)grep "occurrence" | http://www.vectorsite.net/tsawk.html

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-sysadmin-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Mahalingam Subramaniam
Sent: Tue 7/17/2007 3:49 PM
To: redhat-sysadmin-list at redhat.com
Cc: rhn-users at redhat.com
Subject: shell script

Dear All
My Query is as follows:
I have extracted the output and details of mail users mail inbox size with file path name.
140K /abcde/fghij/w001/wesley
26M /mnopq/rstuvwx/w001/wilson
1G /mnopq/rstuvwx/w001/alok
2G /mnopq/rstuvwx/w001/john
Here, I want to extract and paste the output of only users whose inbox size is 1GB or more than 1GB using shell script "cat"
(e.g.) cat mailstorage.txt (source file containing all users mail inbox size information) |awk -F ' ' '{print...... >> gboutput.txt (target file to paste the final output) similar to this.
can anyone help me in scripting the required full script to achieve the desired result.?
Many more thanks in advance.
with kind regards
s.mahalingam
S.Mahalingam
Bioinformatics Centre
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Habsiguda, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007
Ph:+91-40-27192773, 27192774
+91-40-27160222 - 41 (20 Lines)
Ext: 2773, 2774
Fax: :+91-40-27160591, 27160311