Kernel Errors and "no /dev/pts/0"

Emily Stumpf evstumpf at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 13 22:24:41 UTC 2007

Hello,

Sometime within the last couple of months (so perhaps after a redhat
update), our Dell server started reporting a couple of errors in it's
logwatch report, and I was wondering if anyone had any insight on them:

The first one is this:
  --------------------- Init Begin ------------------------

  **Unmatched Entries**
  open(/dev/pts/0): No such file or directory

   ---------------------- Init End -------------------------

and the second one is this:

  --------------------- Kernel Begin ------------------------

  WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
     Contact your BIOS vendor to see if the E752x error registers can
be ...:  2 Time(s)
     e752x_edac: probe of 0000:00:00.0 failed with error -12 ...:  2
Time(s)

.. So, if anyone has any insight on where these may have come from, I
would love to hear it.
Thanks!

-- Emily